PayRate - From $21.85/hr to $24.85/hr
- Safely handle and maneuver tractor/trailers and other large equipment to facilitate the loading and unloading operations in the yard
- Perform pre-shift and post-shift inspections of the yard and dock equipment
- Properly cube, load and unload freight using a forklift, pallet jack, hand truck or by hand
- Properly load freight to prevent damage and shifting in transit by blocking and bracing and thru the use of load bars, straps, dunnage and air bags.
- Accurately set up, break down and hook trailers safely
- Ensure all pup trailers have tilt bar to be lowered prior to loading of freight
- Raise and lower landing gear
- Monitor yard for unsafe drivers and non-employees; notify management
- Work in outdoor weather conditions
- Perform all duties of dockworker as requested
- Communicate effectively with Dock supervision, Line Haul drivers and Fleet Services personnel
- Regular attendance is required.
- This is not an all-inclusive list of job requirements and/or duties and may not contain all mental and physical capabilities necessary to perform the job at all times due to circumstances. Operational, safety and other needs may require the employee to perform any and all other duties as assigned. Employees are expected, and must be able to perform all such duties and tasks.
- High School Diploma or General Educational Degree (GED), or any combination of education and experience, which would provide an equivalent background
- 18+ years of age
- A valid CDL and acceptable MVR are required if driving on public roads
- If a CDL holder, must be registered with the FMCSA Drug and Alcohol Clearinghouse
- Experience in the transportation industry a plus although not required
- Stable work history
- Ability to operate forklift (7500 lb. vehicle)
- Must be able to push or pull loaded pallet jack and/or hand truck with a minimum load of 70lbs
- Physical abilities include: standing, lifting, twisting, turning, climbing a ladder, etc.
- Must be capable of dropping/hooking and coupling trailers which involves cranking landing gear, pulling 5th wheel pin which takes approximately 65 lbs. of pressure; and maneuvering a trailer dolly
- Night/weekend shifts may be required
- Must be able to lift approximately 70 lbs., or more if required by the essential functions of the job
- Must be able to comply with all company policies, rules, procedures and Code of Conduct
- Must be able to interact well with others
- Must be able to work independently, or in a team setting
- Must be capable of working under tight time constraints in a high volume environment with multiple priorities
- Responds well to questions; Ability to read, interpret and comply with written information and documents such as safety rules, operations / procedure manuals and maintenance instructions with a high comprehension and concentration level to include the ability to meet deadlines
- Must pass a pre-employment drug screen, random drug and/or alcohol tests, and will be subject to a criminal history background check
- Must be authorized to work in the United States
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to lift and/or move a minimum of 70 lbs. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and the ability to adjust focus. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to stand; walk; use hands to finger, handle or feel and reach with hands and arms. The employee is frequently required to lift, twist, turn, and may climb. The employee is frequently required to stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl and talk or hear. The employee is frequently required to sit and climb or balance.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently exposed to work near moving mechanical parts and fumes or airborne particles. The employee may be required to work in high/precarious places, with hazardous materials, and in various weather conditions. The noise level in the work environment ranges from quiet to loud as required by the essential functions of the job.
Equal Employment Opportunity
EOE, including disability/vets
Jobs Near You
Recently Viewed Jobs
No recently viewed jobs are here...yet.
Please browse the jobs available on this site. Then, you will see those recently viewed jobs here.
No saved jobs are here...yet.
Please press "Save Job" on any opportunity that you find while searching this site. Then you will see those jobs listed here.