Dock SupervisorColumbia, South Carolina
- Report to Operations Manager / Assistant Terminal Manager and/or Terminal Manager
- Lead, guide and direct dock employees as needed to include setting targets, monitoring performance, providing coaching, counseling and development
- Accountable for the management of an efficient, clean and safe LTL operation to include dock planning and set up schedules
- Enforce understanding and compliance with all Company policies and procedures; safety rules and government regulations
- Involved in and makes recommendations in the hiring and termination processes
- Administer and carry out assigned portions of the Terminal Business plan as set forth by the Terminal Manager
- Responsible for meeting all KPI’s assigned
- Daily utilization of all Company enhancement tools and processes
- Review and revise schedules to increase efficiencies and to lower cost
- Responsible for equipment assignment and movement (trailers and tractors) in collaboration with other supervisors/management
- Responsible for proper communication to customers via phone, fax or email
- Oversee and responsible for all paperwork associated with the dock to ensure it is handled timely and correctly by employees
- Regular attendance is required
- This is not an all-inclusive list of job requirements and/or duties and may not contain all capabilities necessary to perform the job at all times due to circumstances; Operational, safety and other needs may require the employee to perform any and all other duties as assigned; Employees are expected, and must be able to perform all such duties and tasks
- High School Diploma or General Educational Degree (GED), or any combination of education and experience, which would provide an equivalent background. Bachelor's Degree preferred
- Thorough understanding of the LTL trucking industry, including basic paperwork flow preferred
- Prior management, dispatch and dock experience required, preferably in LTL trucking industry
- Must be knowledgeable of local metropolitan area
- Must have strong leadership skills including the ability to hire, coach, counsel, train, mentor and terminate employees
- Team building and interpersonal skills
- Possess excellent verbal, written and listening communication skills
- Excellent planning and organization skills
- Must have good computer skills (AS/400 & MS Office a plus)
- Must have strong work ethic and good problem solving skills
- Must be willing to work 50 hours/week average
- Must be able to work any shift including nights and/or weekends and in any weather condition
- Must be able to comply with all company policies, rules, procedures and Code of Conduct
- Must be able to interact well with others
- Must be able to work independently, or in a team setting
- Must be capable of working under tight time constraints in a high volume environment with multiple priorities
- Must be able to lift approximately 10-15 lbs., or more if required by the essential functions of the job
- Responds well to questions; Ability to read, interpret and comply with written information and documents such as safety rules, operations / procedure manuals and maintenance instructions with a high comprehension and concentration level to include the ability to meet deadlines
- Must pass a pre-employment drug screen, random drug and/or alcohol tests, and will be subject to a criminal history background check
- Must be authorized to work in the United States
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus. The employee is frequently required to sit and use hands to fingers, handle, or feel or operate computers and other standard office equipment. The employee is occasionally required to stand; walk, lift, twist, turn and reach with hands and arms. The employee must be capable of lifting a minimum of 20 lbs., or more if required by the essential functions of the job.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently exposed to work near moving mechanical parts and fumes or airborne particles. The employee may be required to work in high/precarious places, with hazardous materials, and in various weather conditions. The noise level in the work environment ranges from quiet to loud as required by the essential functions of the job.
Equal Employment Opportunity
EOE, including disability/vets
Req ID 32009BR
Jobs Near You
Recently Viewed Jobs
No recently viewed jobs are here...yet.
Please browse the jobs available on this site. Then, you will see those recently viewed jobs here.
No saved jobs are here...yet.
Please press "Save Job" on any opportunity that you find while searching this site. Then you will see those jobs listed here.