Terminal Clerk IIISan Antonio, Texas
PayRate - From $17.90/hr to $20.65/hr
- Create freight manifest list using applicable coding
- Assist dispatcher with assigning pick-up and delivery drivers for local delivery activities and/or road drivers
- Assist dispatcher with maintaining city dispatch sheet and advising drivers concerning any problems encountered in the pick up and delivery of freight
- Assists with city dispatch when needed
- Responsible for scheduling, tracking, tracing and billing
- Assists with coordinate Line Haul drivers via information in the computer system and phone communication with terminals in order to get freight moved in a timely manner within our service standards
- Interact with the Line Haul Supervisor, Operations Planner, terminal personnel, VP of Operations, Breakdown Coordinators, and Line Haul Drivers
- Assists with Line Haul activities
- Assist with planning dispatches to accommodate cost and service goals
- Maintain count list of items received or shipped and check against bill of lading, recording any discrepancies
- May investigate and resolve all overages, shortages and damaged freight issues, including Hazmat Materials
- May prepare all paperwork and the repacking of all OS&D freight
- May maintain accurate records to report all OS&D freight issues on a daily or weekly basis to terminal management
- Maintain a clean and organized OS&D area while performing OS&D functions
- Serve as first line resource to other less experienced clerical staff by coaching and answering employee questions
- Provide guidance to less experienced employees on how to perform specific job activities
- Provide one on one on the job training when necessary to less experienced staff
- May set up and maintain employee files, payroll records, and all filing systems in order to retrieve employee information
- May compile and track all job applicant information for AAP compliance
- May coordinate and process all payroll change forms as well as compiling new employee information for payroll
- May conduct new employee orientation and collect new hire paperwork for payroll
- Regular attendance is required.
- This is not an all-inclusive list of job requirements and/or duties and may not contain all mental and physical capabilities necessary to perform the job at all times due to circumstances. Operational, safety and other needs may require the employee to perform any and all other duties as assigned. Employees are expected, and must be able to perform all such duties and tasks.
- High School Diploma or General Educational Degree (GED), or any combination of education and experience, which would provide an equivalent background
- Must be knowledgeable in all functional areas (customer care, OS&D, billing, pricing, tracing, dispatching, weights and inspection, etc.)
- Computer skills; proficient in MS Word and Excel required
- AS400 experience strongly preferred
- Strong customer services skills
- Possess excellent verbal and written communication and listening skills
- Must have the ability to answer most questions and accomplish most tasks without guidance. Only the most unusual problems are referred to more experienced staff or manager for resolution
- Good understanding of departmental priorities, workflow and guidelines
- Must have the ability to solve problems that are usually apparent but precise identification of the nature of the problem requires further investigation using standard procedures or well established processes for troubleshooting. Solutions and decisions require interpretation of information with independent judgment and risk
- Must have the ability to work the night schedule or alternate work schedule as needed with proper notification
- Experience in the transportation industry a plus although not required
- Must be able to lift approximately 20 lbs., or more if required by the essential functions of the job
- Must be able to comply with all company policies, rules, procedures and Code of Conduct
- Must be able to interact well with others
- Must be able to work independently, or in a team setting
- Must be capable of working under tight time constraints in a high volume environment with multiple priorities
- Responds well to questions; Ability to read, interpret and comply with written information and documents such as safety rules, operations / procedure manuals and maintenance instructions with a high comprehension and concentration level to include the ability to meet deadlines
- Must pass a pre-employment drug screen, random drug and/or alcohol tests, and will be subject to a criminal history background check
- Must be authorized to work in the United States
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus. The employee is frequently required to sit and use hands to fingers, handle, or feel or operate computers and other standard office equipment. The employee is occasionally required to stand; walk, lift, twist, turn and reach with hands and arms. The employee must be capable of lifting a minimum of 20 lbs., or more if required by the essential functions of the job.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently exposed to work near moving mechanical parts and fumes or airborne particles. The employee may be required to work in high/precarious places, with hazardous materials, and in various weather conditions. The noise level in the work environment ranges from quiet to loud as required by the essential functions of the job.
Equal Employment Opportunity
EOE, including disability/vets
Jobs Near You
Recently Viewed Jobs
No recently viewed jobs are here...yet.
Please browse the jobs available on this site. Then, you will see those recently viewed jobs here.
No saved jobs are here...yet.
Please press "Save Job" on any opportunity that you find while searching this site. Then you will see those jobs listed here.