Shop ForemanSan Jose, California
PayRate - From $34.00/hr to $36.00/hr
- Total responsibility for the maintenance facility and all activities including but not limited to: all hiring, employee counseling and training, and terminations; assuring they are processed according to proper guidelines
- Ensure payroll is correct and on time
- Manage all shop operations
- Perform mechanic related hands on job duties in the maintenance and up keep of the trucks and equipment
- Inspect, trouble shoot, diagnose and perform maintenance on equipment
- Ensure all Preventive Maintenance schedules are made on all assigned equipment and certain unassigned equipment
- Maintain safe and reliable company equipment; perform safety inspections of equipment (including repaired equipment) and prepare safety documents required by Federal Motor Carrier Safety Administration (FMCSA), company and any other Federal, State or Local regulations.
- Interpret work orders and technical manuals
- Keep labor costs to Company standards
- Implement and monitor training programs
- Maintain an effective working relationship with other departments such as safety, sales, claims, loss prevention, customer care, and operations
- Direct investigations into causes of complaints and respond accordingly in conjunction with the HR Department
- Act as Company's representative before government agencies or legal representatives as directed by Corporate Office
- Keep current on any changes or new procedures within the Company
- Enforce compliance with administrative policies, procedures, safety rules, and government regulations
- Conduct meetings with all employees to keep them up to date with pertinent changes within Estes and the trucking industry
- Ensure good relations with other terminals and shops
- Promote good relations with employees
- Regular attendance is required.
- This is not an all-inclusive list of job requirements and/or duties and may not contain all mental and physical capabilities necessary to perform the job at all times due to circumstances. Operational, safety and other needs may require the employee to perform any and all other duties as assigned. Employees are expected, and must be able to perform all such duties and tasks.
- High School Diploma or General Education Degree (GED), or any combination of education and experience which would provide an equivalent background; Technical school preferred
- Minimum of 5 years’ experience in maintenance shop and leadership of employees in the trucking industry preferred
- Ability to travel is required
- Knowledge of Federal Motor Carrier Safety Act (FMCSA) rules and regulations
- Must be familiar with American Transportation Association (ATA) parts’ system codes
- Must have mechanical ability and interest in all types of machinery, including but not limited to, tractors (International part number scheme), trailers, forklifts, Moffetts and engines with the ability to trouble shoot and make decisions to correct problems
- Must have experience with repairs on Navistar, Freightliner, Kenworth, Volvo trucks, Cummins, Detroit, Volvo, Paccar and MaxxForce engines, Trailers of all brands, Hyster and Moffett forklifts.
- Must have a valid Driver’s License and an acceptable MVR
- If a CDL holder, must be registered with the FMCSA Drug and Alcohol Clearinghouse
- Must have strong Microsoft office skills and AS400 knowledge is a plus
- Must possess basic math and typing skills with attention to detail
- Excellent verbal, written and listening communication skills
- Must be organized with strong time management skills
- Must have proven leadership abilities and skills focused in the areas of strong team building, employee coaching and performance management
- Must have a strong work ethic and good problem identification and resolution skills
- Must be flexible and willing to work any shift, nights, weekends and in any weather condition
- Must be able to lift approximately 70 lbs., or more if required by the essential functions of the job
- Must be able to comply with all company policies, rules, procedures and Code of Conduct
- Must be able to interact well with others
- Must be able to work independently, or in a team setting
- Must be capable of working under tight time constraints in a high volume environment with multiple priorities
- Responds well to questions; Ability to read, interpret and comply with written information and documents such as safety rules, operations / procedure manuals and maintenance instructions with a high comprehension and concentration level to include the ability to meet deadlines
- Must pass a pre-employment drug screen, random drug and/or alcohol tests, and will be subject to a criminal history background check
- Must be authorized to work in the United States
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to lift and/or move a minimum of 70 lbs. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and the ability to adjust focus. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to stand; walk; use hands to finger, handle or feel and reach with hands and arms. The employee is frequently required to lift, twist, turn, and may climb. The employee is frequently required to stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl and talk or hear. The employee is frequently required to sit and climb or balance.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently exposed to work near moving mechanical parts and fumes or airborne particles. The employee may be required to work in high/precarious places, with hazardous materials, and in various weather conditions. The noise level in the work environment ranges from quiet to loud as required by the essential functions of the job.
Equal Employment Opportunity
EOE, including disability/vets
Jobs Near You
Recently Viewed Jobs
No recently viewed jobs are here...yet.
Please browse the jobs available on this site. Then, you will see those recently viewed jobs here.
No saved jobs are here...yet.
Please press "Save Job" on any opportunity that you find while searching this site. Then you will see those jobs listed here.