Terminal Clerk IISpringfield, Missouri
PayRate - From $15.80/hr to $18.05/hr
- Answer telephones with a heavy call volume and direct calls with accuracy
- Maintain count list of items received or shipped and check against bill of lading, recording any discrepancies
- Prepare all paperwork and the repackaging of all OS&D freight
- Maintain accurate records to report all OS&D freight issues on a daily or weekly basis to terminal management
- Maintain a clean and organized OS&D area
- Contact customers and coordinate delivery times to schedule appointments for freight delivery
- Identify freight bills requiring special delivery instructions
- Respond to customer inquiries regarding bill of lading and provide proof of delivery to customers by contacting other departments and/or terminals to trace shipments
- Respond to customer complaints concerning billing or services rendered, referring complaints or service failures to designated departments for investigation, resolution, and follow-up with the customer
- Investigate, resolve, and respond to inquiries from customers regarding overages, shortages, and damaged freight issues, including Hazmat Materials
- Verify and process paperwork and procedures concerning claims, charges and tracing of freight
- Scan and/or image bill of lading receipts
- Transfer information from the bill of lading to the bill format to prepare bills for freight movement
- Prepare bills for freight movement, applying the appropriate tariffs and charges to each shipment
- Place shipments on-hand
- Assist with handling dispatch phones to assist with customers and drivers
- Regular attendance is required.
- This is not an all-inclusive list of job requirements and/or duties and may not contain all mental and physical capabilities necessary to perform the job at all times due to circumstances. Operational, safety and other needs may require the employee to perform any and all other duties as assigned. Employees are expected, and must be able to perform all such duties and tasks.
- High School Diploma or General Education Degree (GED), or any combination of education and experience which would provide an equivalent background
- Experience in billing, collections, tracing & OS&D preferred
- Computer skills; proficient in MS Word and Excel required
- AS400 experience strongly preferred
- Strong customer service skills
- Good clerical skills
- Possess excellent verbal and written communication and listen skills
- Must have the ability to proceed on regular tasks with occasional direction, while referring questionable situations to more experienced staff or management
- Must have the ability to solve problems where solutions are easily identifiable and their solutions are standard and specifically defined
- Experience in the transportation industry a plus although not required
- Must be able to lift approximately 20 lbs., or more if required by the essential functions of the job
- Must be able to comply with all company policies, rules, procedures and Code of Conduct
- Must be able to interact well with others
- Must be able to work independently, or in a team setting
- Must be capable of working under tight time constraints in a high volume environment with multiple priorities
- Responds well to questions; Ability to read, interpret and comply with written information and documents such as safety rules, operations / procedure manuals and maintenance instructions with a high comprehension and concentration level to include the ability to meet deadlines
- Must pass a pre-employment drug screen, random drug and/or alcohol tests, and will be subject to a criminal history background check
- Must be authorized to work in the United States
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus. The employee is frequently required to sit and use hands to fingers, handle, or feel or operate computers and other standard office equipment. The employee is occasionally required to stand; walk, lift, twist, turn and reach with hands and arms. The employee must be capable of lifting a minimum of 20 lbs., or more if required by the essential functions of the job.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently exposed to work near moving mechanical parts and fumes or airborne particles. The employee may be required to work in high/precarious places, with hazardous materials, and in various weather conditions. The noise level in the work environment ranges from quiet to loud as required by the essential functions of the job.
Equal Employment Opportunity
EOE, including disability/vets
Jobs Near You
Recently Viewed Jobs
No recently viewed jobs are here...yet.
Please browse the jobs available on this site. Then, you will see those recently viewed jobs here.
No saved jobs are here...yet.
Please press "Save Job" on any opportunity that you find while searching this site. Then you will see those jobs listed here.